- What is my LancerPoint ID number, and how is it used?
Your LancerPoint ID number is the 8-digit number assigned to you in the LancerPoint system. It is the last eight numbers that appear on your LancerCard identification card.
Your LancerPoint ID number is required to activate your LancerPoint username, which is what you will use to log in to LancerPoint and other PCC systems.
- What is my LancerPoint username, and how is it used?
Your LancerPoint username is used to log in to PCC systems like the LancerPoint portal and student computer labs.
It is comprised of your first initial plus last name. In some cases, a LancerPoint username may have digits at the end to distinguish it from another person with a similar name. For example:
Maria Gonzalez = mgonzalez
Mark Gonzalez = mgonzalez2
This username will also be used to create your email address:
@go.pasadena.edu (Student email coming Summer 2013!)
- How do I get my LancerPoint username?
Students: You should have received your LancerPoint username via U.S. mail when you were accepted at Pasadena City College or via email. You will no longer use your 8-digit ID, 7-digit alphanumeric username, or 4-digit PIN to log in to PCC systems.
Existing Employees: Your current username is your LancerPoint username. It will not change. It is the same username that is used for the PCC email account. Your current email address will not change.
New Employees: You will receive a username. This username will also be used for your PCC email account.
If you do not know your username, you can look it up using the LancerPoint Account Manager.
- Can I manage my LancerPoint account online?
The LancerPoint Account Manager can be used to activate your account, look up your username, manage your security questions and answers, and establish (or reset) your password…all online 24/7 . You can find it at https://reset.pasadena.edu
- When can I begin using my LancerPoint account?
ALL Students and New Employees: You will need to activate your account before you can to log in to LancerPoint and other PCC systems.
Existing faculty and staff: Your LancerPoint account is already activated. We recommended that you set up security questions as soon as possible so that you may take advantage of the 24/7 password reset.
- How do I look up my LancerPoint username?
- How do I activate my LancerPoint username?
Before you can begin using your new LancerPoint account, it must be activated via the LancerPoint Account Manager as follows:
1. Go to: https://reset.pasadena.edu
2. Access the “Activate my LancerPoint account” link.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to set your initial password and define your secret questions and answers. These questions and answers may be used at a later time to reset your password.
- What if I forget my LancerPoint password?
Once you have activated your LancerPoint username and established your security questions and answers, you can reset your password using the LancerPoint Account Manager as follows:
1. Go to: https://reset.pasadena.edu.
2. Access the “Reset my password” link.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
- In the computer lab, I can't log into a computer.
95% of the time, resetting your LancerPoint password resolves this issue. If not, please have staff in the computer lab contact ITS for escalation